50/50 chance of our trip happening

The news keeps getting worse and worse. We leave April 20th.

On Delta.com now:

Dates of Travel Impacted
Apr 15-20, 2010

(To, From, or
Through) Dates of Travel Impacted Ticket Reissue Date
(On or Before) New Travel
Origination Dates (No Later Than)
AMS – Amsterdam
BRU – Brussels
BUD – Budapest
CDG – Paris, Charles de Gaulle
CPH – Copenhagen
DUB – Dublin
DUS – Dusseldorf
FRA – Frankfurt
LGW – London, Gatwick airport
LHR – London, Heathrow airport
MAN – Manchester
MUC – Munich
PRG – Prague
SNN – Shannon
STR – Stuttgart
TXL – Berlin, Tegel airport
ZRH – Zurich

I wonder if we could fly into Romania or Slovakia and just take a train to Budapest if this thing is cancelled. This is going to be very disappointing to have waited this long if our trip is cancelled.



  1. I don’t know if you’ve been following closely what has happened but currently a large portion of European airspace is closed. The ash cloud isn’t expected to clear for a few days at least.

    And there are now millions of disrupted passengers to try to sort out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.